Notice of race
International Swedish Championship 606 class
Date: 9 – 12 August, 2018
Organizer: Stenungsunds Segelsällskap StSS
- The regatta will be governed by the rules as defined in the Racing Rules of Sailing (RRS) and with appendix S. The sailing instructions will consist of the instructions in RRS Appendix S, Standard Sailing Instructions, and supplementary sailing instructions that will be on the official notice board located at the racing office.
- 606 class’s rules will apply.
Supported by A.1 in the in the 606 class’s rules, it is during the regatta, allowed for participants to have started their smart phone/mobile phone in order to use the tracking system that the organizer of the regatta uses. However shall the smart phone/mobile phone in general not be used for any other functions except those that are expressly approved in accordance with 606 class’s rules.
- The crew member responsible on board each boat, shall follow Swedish Sailing Federations license rules for competitors. This rule applies from the year the competitors reach the age of 13. Competitors from other countries than Sweden are exempt from this rule.
- Boats may be required to display advertising chosen and supplied by the organizing authority. If this rule is broken, World Sailing Regulation 20.9.2 applies. [DP].
- Competitors shall when afloat wear personal flotation devices. This rule does not apply to short-term replacement or adjustment of clothing or personal equipment, or when competitors are in the harbour or under deck. Wet suits and dry suits are not personal flotation devices. This changes RRS 40.A boat that breaks the rule may be warned or penalized at the discretion of the protest committee.
- Eligibility requirements
- To be entitled to participate in the Foundation’s championships, each contestant must comply with ISAF Regulation 19.2.2Each participating boat shall be insured whit valid third party liability insurance.
- Each participating boat shall be insured whit valid third party liability insurance.
- Competitors participate in the regatta entirely at their own risk. See RRS 4, Decision to Race. The organizing authority will not accept any liability for material damage or personal injury or death sustained in conjunction with or prior to, during or after the regatta.
- All crew members of Swedish boats are required to be members of the ”Swedish 606-federation”.
- The entry fee is set at at 1300 kronor and shall be paid on StSS homepage www.stss,se or Bank Giro nr. 877-92 58 not later than 4 August. Enter the name and sail number when making the payment.
- Registration and measurement checks
- Registration shall be made at the race office no later than Friday, August at 09:00 Measurement certificate shall be presented prior to racing. All sails must be measured and ready before the regatta. Spot checks will be made subsequent to each day’s races.A crew member may not be substituted without a written permission from the Race Committee. A boat or equipment may be inspected at any time for compliance with the rules. On the water, a boat can be instructed by the technical committee to proceed immediately to a designated area for inspection.Substitution of damaged or lost equipment will not be allowed unless approved by the race committee. The crew member responsible on board each boat shall be able to present a valid license for competitor
- Time schedule
- Thursday, 9 august
19:00 to 20:00. Registration, launching and safety inspections.
17:00 Tune up race.
19:00 After the race and awards ceremony for the day’s sailing at the clubhouse.
Friday, 10 august
09:00 Office is open and access to the launching is open.
12:00 Opening ceremony and skipper meeting.
14:00 Time for the first warning signal. The day concludes with ”After Sail” and ”Daily first” at the clubhpuse.
606 federation Annual Meeting will be held after the races. Time will be announced on the notice board.
Saturday, 11 august
10:00 Time for the first warning signal, three races are scheduled.
”After Sail”, ”Daily first” and regatta dinner.
Sunday, 13 august
10:00 Time for the first warning signal, two races are planned.
No warning signal will be made after 14:00.
Prize giving and closing ceremony soon as possible after the last race.
- Eight races are scheduled.
- Thursday, 9 august
- Racing area
- The racing area will be outside Stenungsund in Hakefjorden.
- The course
- The course will be a windward-leeward course and will be stated in the Supplement.
- Protests and penalties system
- RRS P will not apply.
- The low point scoring system of RRS A will apply, modified so that when three or fewer races have been completed, a boat’s series score will be the total of her race score
- 3 races are required to be completed to constitute a championship.
- Championships plaquette and titles may be awarded if six or more boats from at least three different Swedish clubs located in more than one Swedish districts have crossed the finish line one race in the championship.
- Best female crew (all crew members must be female).
- Top two generations (at least one parent and a child must be in the boat).
- Best youth crew – all of the crew 25 years or younger (not under 26)
- Daily first prizes will be awarded.
- Rules for support persons
- Support person shall launch, moor and take up his craft (coach-boat) according to the instructions from organizer.
- Support person shall follow RRS 1, 2 and 55 and not subject an competitor to risk breaking the RRS 41st
- During the race, a support person is not allowed to be closer to a competitor than 50 meters, except when the support person acting under RRS 1.1.
The Regatta Office, launching facilities and parking
The Regatta office is in the building of the Sailing Club of Stenungsund.
The telephone to the Office is +46 303 67660. Launching area for boats and parking area for cars are close to the Regatta Office.
How to find the way
From Gothenburg drive E 6 towards Stenungsund, take road 160 towards Orust and Tjörn. Drive towards Stenungsund. Turn to the left at Statoil Petrol Station/ Mc Donald’s. Follow the signs “Segelklubb” (Sailing club). If you come from north take left from the highway towards Stenungsund. Follow signs towards “Tjörn och Orust”. Drive towards the center of Stenungsund. . Turn to the left at Statoil Petrol Station/ Mc Donald’s. Follow the signs “Segelklubb” (Sailing club).
Call for information: Bästkustens Tourist Office, phone + 46 303 81550.
You can get more information from:
The Sailing Club of Stenungsund, Telephone number + 46 303 67660